Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Keeping Up with Pop Culture in the Classroom

I was in a convention once when a fellow speaker was talking to future educators and he made the comment "For those of you out there who do not watch Glee or American Idol...you should start catching up. All the kids talk about is Glee this and A.I. that."
If you want to be able to communicate with your students you need to stay up to date with pop culture. I have listed a few links below of websites that offer music news in the pop culture world. I strongly recommend that you screen the articles before looking at them depending on the type of school in which you teach.There are so many available for us to subscribe. I hope these few links help in giving you ideas for classroom activities or just simply keeping up with the pop culture times.
Billboard News
Live Daily Access
Prefix Online
The Owl Mag
Rolling Stone News

No comments:

Post a Comment