Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Choir and Internet

I try to stay on top of music technology and intellectual music as often as possible. I have completely overlooked this fantastic concept of Eric Whitacre's virtual choir. In the link there is a quick article from the Technology in the Arts webpage and it discusses how Whitacre called out to the world for online submissions to create a virtual choir. He has seen success in his efforts and is continuing to make more videos which I am hoping to be part of the next one. I absolutely love his music and if you are unfamiliar with it I will give you a few links to enjoy.
Leonardo Dreams of his Flying Machine
Cloudburst 
Sleep

There is also instrumental music that is performing virtual symphonies; such as the Youtube Symphony.

Life without music would Bb. Now passing the cheesy music joke, it is very true. If you read through the comments and see the faces of the participants in the videos, it is amazing just how much life is in the eyes of the people involved.

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I had the opportunity to meet and work with Eric Whitacre in college. The director of the chamber choir we were in is friends with him. My last year we toured Italy and got to perform Leonardo Dreams in some of the cathedrals, along with some of his other pieces. Awesome!!! My school even had the piece "This Marriage" commisioned for them, which he wrote for his wife. Thanks for sharing this link! I can't wait until I have a group capable of taking on a Whitacre piece. Hopefully next year. (keeping my fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete